The corona infection numbers in the City of Jyväskylä are still declining – yet 6 infections in the long-term care ward in Keljo
The City highlights that you only should visit the housing units of the aged people and services for disabled persons when you are completely healthy, and you should use face masks and take care of your hand hygiene according to the given instructions.
Visiting the housing units for the aged people and services for disabled
Elderly and people with disabilities are belonging to the coronavirus high risk group. To protect the risks groups, it's important to follow the the instructions for the visiting the housing units for the aged people and services for disabled persons. The instruction is also followed in the housing units regulated by the Social Welfare Act.
Instructions for the visiting the housing units for the aged people:
- The visits always are arranged in advance with the personal of the unit.
- A family member or a close friend receives the instructions for a safe visit for example via phone call before coming to the resident.
- It is recommended that there should be two visitors (2) at the same time.
- A family member or close friend takes care of the hand hygiene during the visit and uses the disposable mouth and nose mask given by the personal.
- During the visit you should keep the distance and avoid touching the resident. However, it is possible to move the resident outside by using the wheel chair.
- The visits can be arranged outside, in a separate room or in the resident`s own room.
- The visitors are not allowed to visit the common rooms of the unit without a good reason.
- Visits in the housing unit can be temporarily banned due to a corona virus infection or a suspected corona virus case.
Physician responsible for communicable diseases, City of Jyväskylä, Ilkka Käsmä, tel. 050 522 0486
Chief Physician , City of Jyväskylä, Johanna Tuukkanen, tel. 050 572 4205
Service Director, Elderly care, City of Jyväskylä, Maarit Raappana, tel. 014 266 3634
Director of social and health services, City of Jyväskylä, Kati Kallimo, tel. 050 442 2302