For the following position Jyväskylä Sinfonia requires:
SUB-PRINCIPAL DOUBLE BASS
The task includes the playing responsibility of 5-string bass.
Audition: Thursday 9.4.2020 at 1 pm
1. Dittersdorf: Concerto for Double Bass D Major, I and II part with Gruber’s cadenzas
2. Koussevitzky: Concerto for Double Bass, I part
3. Orchestral excerpts and chamber music tasks:
- Beethoven: Symphony No. 3, III part
- Beethoven: Symphony No. 5., II and III part
- Beethoven: Symphony No. 9, IV part recitative
- Mozart: Symphony No. 40, I part
- Sibelius: Symphony No. 1, III and IV part
- Strauss: Metamorphosen
- Tchaikovski: Serenade for strings op.48, I part
- Virtaperko: Ambrosian Delights, IV part
- Verdi: Otello, 4. act bass solo
- Haydn: Symphony No. 31, IV part variation 7 bass solo
- Rossini: Duo for cello and double bass, I part
The excerpts will be sent to the applicants by email after the application period has ended.
Audition takes place at Jyväskylä Sinfonia’s rehearsal hall, Puistokatu 2 A, 6th floor (Kolmikulma shopping mall, in the centre of Jyväskylä).
Basic salary EUR 2706 per month with a monthly paid media remuneration EUR 89,01 (according to Main Municipal Agreement).
Position will be fulfilled from 31.8.2020 or as agreed. The probationary period is applied.
Applications should be done in www.kuntarekry.fi, the task key JYV-54-1204-19
Application period ends on Thursday 26.3.2020 at 2 pm local time. The applications arriving late are not accepted.
General Manager Nikke Isomöttönen, tel. +358 400 872 168, nikke.isomottonen [at] jyvaskyla.fi
Communications and Administration Manager Jenni Hakola, tel. +358 400 640 109, jenni.hakola [at] jyvaskyla.fi